This page lists forthcoming activities of the participating societies and of their European friends. Most of the entries link to a call for papers. See the Archive for past activities.
Because of the pandemic, many activities have been postponed. The list below gives dates as avalable. More information can be found on the linked websites.
• 11 June 2021. Epistémuse seminar, La musicologie francophone et la circulation des savoirs dans un contexte multiculturel : interpénétration et résilience. Online.
• 16 June 2021. Inalco study day, Langues chantées – cultures mises en musique. La chanson dans nos enseignements. Online.
• 21-23 June 2021. Formal Theory Study Group of the SMA, International Conference on Musical Form. Online.
• 28-30 July 2021. Birmingham Music Analysis Conference, University of Birmingham. Programme and Registration.
• 1-5 September 2021. 15th International Congress on Musical Signification, Escola Superior de Música de Catalunya in Barcelona.
• 20-25 September 2021. EuroMAC 10, the European Conference of Music Analysis. Moscow, Tchaikovsky Conservatory. The main theme is Analysis, Theory and History of Music: and/or/vs Relationship.
• 1-3 October 2021. 21st Annual Congress of the GMTH, to be held in Basel, Switzerland. Call for papers.
• 7-9 October 2021 (postponed from 14-16 May 2020). RE-peat please!, IASPM Benelux International Conference. University of Antwerp, Belgium.
• 28-29 October 2021. International Conference “Analyzing Spanish Music”. Unité de recherche RIRRA 21. Université Paul-Valéry Montpellier 3. — Research Group ERASMUSH. University of Oviedo. Call for papers.
• 28-30 October 2021. XVIII Convegno Internazionale di Analisi e Teoria Musicale. GATM, ISSM “G. Lettimi”, Rimini, Italy.
• 10-13 November 2021. Future Directions of Electroacoustic Music Studies. Celebrating 20 years of Music, Technology & Innovation. De Montfort University, Leicester, UK. See also EMS Network.
• 1-2 December 2021. 6th International Conference Musical Analysis. Historia-Theoria-Praxis, Karol Lipiński Academy of Music, Wrocław.
• 10-12 December 2021. Symposium “Chamber Music 1850-1918”, Virtual conference organized by the Centro Studi Opera Omnia Luigi Boccherini, Lucca, and the Palazzetto Bru Zane – Centre de musique romantique français. Call for papers.
• [16 May 2020]. Low End Theories: Understanding Bass Music and Culture. Joint BFE/RMA Study Day, University of Bristol, UK. Postponed to late 2021 or early 2022.
If you want to announce a European activity in the field of music theory and/or analysis, write us at europeanmusictheory [at] gmail.com