This page lists forthcoming activities of the participating societies and of their European friends. Most of the entries link to a call for papers. See the Archive for past activities.
• 14–16 November 2019. ENIM 2019, IX Encontro de Investigação em Música, Sociedade Portuguesa de Investigação em Música. Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas, Universidade Nova de Lisboa
• 18–19 November 2019. Fifth Biennal Meeting of the Belgian Society for Music Analysis in the Royal Conservatoire, Liège, on the theme Representation and analysis. Details on the website of the SBAM.
• 29–30 November 2019. JMA 2019, French Music Analysis Conference, in the CRR, Paris, on the theme Applications of Practices and Theories of Analysis Today.
• 28-29 February 2020. Workshop Analysis and Interpretation, organized by the Associació de Teoria, Barcelona. Call for papers.
• 29 February-1 March 2020. Beethoven 2020: Analytical and Performative Perspectives. International Conference organized by the Dutch-Flemish Society for Music Theory, Amsterdam, Conservatorium. Call for papers.
• 27-29 March 2020. Symposium Beethoven the European, Centro Studi Opera Omnia Luigi Boccherini of Lucca in collaboration with Ad Parnassum, Journal of Eighteenth- and Nineteenth-Century Instrumental Music. Description and Call for Papers.
• 20-22 April 2020. International HarMA Seminar Event, Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music, Budapest, in collaboration with the Royal Conservatoire, Brussels.
• 30 June-1 July 2020. International Conference on Musical Form, organised by the Formal Theory Study Group of the SMA in association with the Department of Music, Durham University, Supported by North-Eastern Music Analysis Collective. Call for Paper on the Web page of the Conference.
• 23-25 July 2020. Birmingham Music Analysis Conference, University of Birmingham. Call for Papers.
• 8-10 September 2020. 56th Annual Conference of the Royal Musical Association, Goldsmiths, University of London. Call for papers.
• 21-26 September 2020. EuroMAC 10, the European Conference of Music Analysis. Moscow, Tchaikovsky Conservatory. The main theme is Analysis, Theory and History of Music: and/or/vs Relationship
If you want to announce a European activity in the field of music theory and/or analysis, write us at europeanmusictheory [at] gmail.com