This page lists forthcoming activities of the participating societies and of their European friends. Most of the entries link to a call for papers. See the Archive for past activities.
• 28-29 February 2020. Workshop Analysis and Interpretation, organized by the Associació de Teoria, Barcelona. Call for papers.
• 29 February-1 March 2020. Beethoven 2020: Analytical and Performative Perspectives. International Conference organized by the Dutch-Flemish Society for Music Theory, Amsterdam, Conservatorium. Call for papers.
• 27-29 March 2020. Symposium Beethoven the European, Centro Studi Opera Omnia Luigi Boccherini of Lucca in collaboration with Ad Parnassum, Journal of Eighteenth- and Nineteenth-Century Instrumental Music. Description and Call for Papers.
• 3-4 April 2020. Analysis and Description of Timbre in Fixed Music, colloquium organized by the Jean Monnet University (University of Saint-Etienne), Music department, and the CIEREC (Centre Interdisciplinaire d’Etudes et de Recherche sur l’Expression Contemporaine) in collaboration with the SFAM. Programme.
• 20-22 April 2020. International HarMA Seminar Event, Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music, Budapest, in collaboration with the Royal Conservatoire, Brussels.
• 6-8 May 2020. Universität Innsbruck. International Symposium Entangled Histories and Voices. Popular Music & approcci postcoloniali / approches postcoloniales / acercamientos postcoloniales.
• 25-27 May 2020. Study Days or Musical Computing, organized by the French Society of Musical Computing (Association Française d’Informatique Musicale, AFIM). The Call for papers is open until 7 February 2020.
• 30 June-1 July 2020. International Conference on Musical Form, organised by the Formal Theory Study Group of the SMA in association with the Department of Music, Durham University, Supported by North-Eastern Music Analysis Collective. Call for Paper on the Web page of the Conference.
• 23-25 July 2020. Birmingham Music Analysis Conference, University of Birmingham. Call for Papers.
• 4-8 September 2020. 15th International Congress on Musical Signification, Escola Superior de Música de Catalunya in Barcelona.
• 8-10 September 2020. 56th Annual Conference of the Royal Musical Association, Goldsmiths, University of London. Call for papers.
• 21-26 September 2020. EuroMAC 10, the European Conference of Music Analysis. Moscow, Tchaikovsky Conservatory. The main theme is Analysis, Theory and History of Music: and/or/vs Relationship
• 2-4 October 2020. The GMTh (Gesellschaft für Musiktheorie) will hold its 20th Annual Conference in Detmold. Details to be announced.
• 27-28 November 2020. International Conference Musicology and Its Future in Times of Crisis, on the occasion of the 50th Anniversary of the Department of Musicology, Academy of Music, University of Zagreb.
• 2-3 December 2020. 6th International Conference Musical Analysis. Historia-Theoria-Praxis, Karol Lipiński Academy of Music, Wrocław.
If you want to announce a European activity in the field of music theory and/or analysis, write us at europeanmusictheory [at] gmail.com