This page lists forthcoming activities of the participating societies and of their European friends. Most of the entries link to a call for papers. See the Archive for past activities.
Because of the pandemic, many of the activities listed below may be postponed.
More information will be found on the websites linked below.
• 27 January 2021. Virtual seminar of the Belgian Society for Music Analysis (SBAM): À quels codes musicaux sont exposés nos enfants ?, by Arnould Massart.
• 30 January 2021. Opening of the First cycle of Webinars of the Sociedad de Análisis y Teoría Musical (SATMUS).
• 9-10 February 2021. Analysis and Description of Timbre in Fixed Music, colloquium organized by the Jean Monnet University (University of Saint-Etienne), Music department, and the CIEREC (Centre Interdisciplinaire d’Etudes et de Recherche sur l’Expression Contemporaine) in collaboration with the SFAM. Programme. Visioconference.
• 22-26 March 2021. Seventh International Congress: Music and Audio-Visual Culture MUCA. University of Murcia, Spain.
• 28-30 April 2021. International HarMA Seminar Event, Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music, Budapest, in collaboration with the Royal Conservatoire, Brussels.
• 28-30 April 2021. Universität Innsbruck. International Symposium Entangled Histories and Voices. Popular Music & approcci postcoloniali / approches postcoloniales / acercamientos postcoloniales.
• 29-31 July 2021. Birmingham Music Analysis Conference, University of Birmingham. Call for Papers.
• 1-5 September 2021. 15th International Congress on Musical Signification, Escola Superior de Música de Catalunya in Barcelona.
• 1-2 December 2021. 6th International Conference Musical Analysis. Historia-Theoria-Praxis, Karol Lipiński Academy of Music, Wrocław.
• 16 May 2020. Low End Theories: Understanding Bass Music and Culture. Joint BFE/RMA Study Day, University of Bristol, UK. Postponed to late 2021 or early 2022.
• 25-27 May 2020. Study Days or Musical Computing, organized by the French Society of Musical Computing (Association Française d’Informatique Musicale, AFIM). The Call for papers is open until 7 February 2020. Postponed to 26-28 October 2020.
• 17-20 June 2020. Future Directions of Electroacoustic Music Studies. Celebrating 20 years of Music, Technology & Innovation. De Montfort University, Leicester, UK. Postponed to July 2021.
• 27-28 June 2020. Music, Communication and Performance 2020. Online conference of the Associazione Europea di Musica e Comunicazione, Montecassino, Italy.
• 30 June-1 July 2020. International Conference on Musical Form, organised by the Formal Theory Study Group of the SMA in association with the Department of Music, Durham University, Supported by North-Eastern Music Analysis Collective. Postponed until further notice.
• 8-10 September 2020. 56th Annual Conference of the Royal Musical Association, Goldsmiths, University of London. Call for papers.
• 16-19 September 2020. XVII. International Congress of the German Musicological Society, University of Bonn and Beethoven House Bonn. Call for papers. New date: 28 September to 1 October 2021 in Bonn.
• 21-26 September 2020. EuroMAC 10, the European Conference of Music Analysis. Moscow, Tchaikovsky Conservatory. The main theme is Analysis, Theory and History of Music: and/or/vs Relationship. Postponed to 20-25 September 2021.
• 1-4 October 2020. The GMTh (Gesellschaft für Musiktheorie) will hold its 20th Annual Conference in Detmold: Musik verstehen?. Online conference.
• 15-17 October 2020 (postponed from 14-16 May 2020). RE-peat please!, IASPM Benelux International Conference. University of Antwerp, Belgium. Postponed to 7-9 October 2021.
• 24-25 October 2020. 16th Days of Music Theory, HDGT. Elly Bašic Music School, Zagreb.
• 26-29 November 2020. 17th International Conference on Music Theory and Analysis, GATM. Online conference. Information and Call for papers.
• 27-28 November 2020. International Conference Musicology and Its Future in Times of Crisis, on the occasion of the 50th Anniversary of the Department of Musicology, Academy of Music, University of Zagreb.
• 4-6 December 2020. Online conference Beethoven the European, Centro Studi Opera Omnia Luigi Boccherini of Lucca in collaboration with Ad Parnassum, Journal of Eighteenth- and Nineteenth-Century Instrumental Music. Programme.
• 10-11 December 2020. Shakespeare and Music: New Interdisciplinary Perspectives, inaugural conference of the ‘Shakespeare and Music’ Study Group. Thursday 10 December at the University of Manchester and Friday 11 December at the University of Huddersfield. Deadline for proposals: 15 September 2020.
If you want to announce a European activity in the field of music theory and/or analysis, write us at europeanmusictheory [at] gmail.com