This page lists forthcoming activities of the participating societies and of their European friends. Most of the entries link to a call for papers. See the Archive for past activities.
• 28-29 February 2020. Workshop Analysis and Interpretation, organized by the Associació de Teoria, Barcelona. Call for papers.
• 29 February-1 March 2020. Beethoven 2020: Analytical and Performative Perspectives. International Conference organized by the Dutch-Flemish Society for Music Theory, Amsterdam, Conservatorium. Call for papers.
• 27-29 March 2020. Symposium Beethoven the European, Centro Studi Opera Omnia Luigi Boccherini of Lucca in collaboration with Ad Parnassum, Journal of Eighteenth- and Nineteenth-Century Instrumental Music. Description and Call for Papers.
• 20-22 April 2020. International HarMA Seminar Event, Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music, Budapest, in collaboration with the Royal Conservatoire, Brussels.
• 6-8 May 2020. Universität Innsbruck. International Symposium Entangled Histories and Voices. Popular Music & approcci postcoloniali / approches postcoloniales / acercamientos postcoloniales.
• 30 June-1 July 2020. International Conference on Musical Form, organised by the Formal Theory Study Group of the SMA in association with the Department of Music, Durham University, Supported by North-Eastern Music Analysis Collective. Call for Paper on the Web page of the Conference.
• 23-25 July 2020. Birmingham Music Analysis Conference, University of Birmingham. Call for Papers.
• 4-8 September 2020. 15th International Congress on Musical Signification, Escola Superior de Música de Catalunya in Barcelona.
• 8-10 September 2020. 56th Annual Conference of the Royal Musical Association, Goldsmiths, University of London. Call for papers.
• 21-26 September 2020. EuroMAC 10, the European Conference of Music Analysis. Moscow, Tchaikovsky Conservatory. The main theme is Analysis, Theory and History of Music: and/or/vs Relationship
• 27-28 November 2020. International Conference Musicology and Its Future in Times of Crisis, on the occasion of the 50th Anniversary of the Department of Musicology, Academy of Music, University of Zagreb.
If you want to announce a European activity in the field of music theory and/or analysis, write us at europeanmusictheory [at] gmail.com