This page lists forthcoming activities of the participating societies and of their European friends. Most of the entries link to a call for papers.
• The SFAM publishes a competition for articles to be published in the journal Musurgia at the occasion of its 25th anniversary. Proposals to be sent no later than 1 September 2019.
• 2–5 October 2019. The Russian Society for Music Theory organizes its Fourth International Congress in Nazib Zhiganov Kazan’ State Conservatory. The theme is Musical Terms, Concepts and Categories.
• 4–6 October 2019. The Gesellschaft für Musiktheorie organizes its 19th annual Congress in the University of the Arts, Zürich. The theme is Interface between Composition, Interpretation and Analysis.
• 10–13 October 2019. The Gruppo Analisi e Teoria Musicale will hold its XVIth Convegno Internationale in Rimini on the theme Dichotomous Paths and Clashes: Complexities and Multiplicities in Music Analysis and Theory. Call for papers.
• 14–15 October 2019. The University of Ljubljana, Slovenia, calls the International Music Conference Music Research in Slovenia, Past and Present. Description and call for papers.
• 9-10 November 2019. 15th Days of Music Theory, Academy of Music, University of Zagreb
• 14–16 November 2019. ENIM 2019, IX Encontro de Investigação em Música, Sociedade Portuguesa de Investigação em Música. Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas, Universidade Nova de Lisboa
• 18–19 November 2019. Fifth biennal meeting of the Belgian Society for Music Analysis in the Royal Conservatoire, Liège, on the theme Representation and analysis. Details to be announced.
• 29–30 November 2019. JMA 2019, French Music Analysis Conference, in the CRR, Paris, on the theme Applications of Practices and Theories of Analysis Today.
• 21-26 September 2020. EuroMAC 10, the European Conference of Music Analysis. Moscow, Tchaikovsky Conservatory. The main theme is Analysis, Theory and History of Music: and/or/vs Relationship
If you want to announce a European activity in the field of music theory and/or analysis, write us at europeanmusictheory [at] gmail.com